Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
About this Wiki
HIPE video tutorials
HIPE on Twitter
Contributing to HIPE
Back to HSC homepage
PACS mapmaking follow up webinar 1
7 March 2013, 16:00 CET
Chair: Bruno Altieri (HSC/ESA)
On the call: Bruno Altieri, Babar Ali, Roberta Paladini, Marcio Melendez, Simone Bianchi, Jonathan Marshall, Herve Aussel, Bruno Merín
Video-recording of the webinar
- Minute 0:00 : Introduction to PACS maps with HCSS/HIPE 10 (Bruno Altieri)
- Minute 14:00 : Planned improvements for MadMap in HIPE 11 (Babar Ali)
- Minute 26:50 : Summary of the January 2013 ESAC Map Making workshop (Roberta Paladini)
- Minute 49:35 : Generalized Least-Squares (GLS) map-makers for deep fields (Bruno Altieri)
- Minute 52:02 : end of video
Questions and Answers
Q - Herve Aussel: Is there any update on the differences found from the work of Gonzalo Aniano? Mark Sauvage made comparisons between PACS and MIPS and found consistent results so it would be important to follow this issue up.
A - Roberta Paladini: We have not been able to interact with him further after the WS.
1. description of how the PACS SPG scan maps look like with HCSS/HIPE 10 (BGA) : 10mn
the two types, the level 2.5 products, etc ..
2. short demo of how to inspect them and what to watch for in terms of known issues (BGA): 10mn
re-processing in Hipe
3. plans for Hipe 11: (10mn)
level 3 HPF maps (2mn)
JPScanam (BGA or VP) : 3mn
improvements in madmap (BA): 5mn
4. summary of
January 2013 ESAC Herschel Map Making workshop
and follow-up (RP) :15m
new PACS simulations (RV)
comparison exercise on deep fields (BGA)
5. external (from HCSS) map-makers (10mn): status
Scanamorphos (IDL): BGA
Unimap, now public with UniHipe + Unimap (BGA)
comments powered by Disqus.
comments powered by
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"